Since receiving its charter, the school and its students have received significant recognition:
- MACCS was the only public school to be named to its list of the city’s top schools by Albuquerque the Magazine.
- National Geographic’s “Future Voices of New Mexico Photography Contest” – student work won second and third place in the “Best Overall Photo” Category.
- National Stock Market Game/Competition – MACCS students took third place out of over 10,000 teams.
- Microsoft’s Robo Rave – MACCS students took third and fourth place, beating out many schools that focus on science.
- Student work won recognition or top-place honors in several local independent film festivals, such as the Laugh Out Loud Comedy Fest and the Digital Deserts Film Festival.
- The City of Albuquerque awarded MACCS the Creative Bravos Award in 2012.